CHOOSING YOUR DANCE SHOES
Our shoes are sized based on the european (French) scale. You can use these size conversions for other common systems.
Width wise, in women’s the medium/standard width is a ‘B’ fitting, and a wide fitting is 1/4″ wider.
|Europe||US Women’s||UK Women’s||US Men’s||UK Men’s||Length (mm)|
When you get your boots, put them on exactly how you would wear them while dancing. If possible have someone else feel your foot with your full weight on the foot. We like our boots to fit almost like a ballet shoe. Your toe should be at the top and your feet should be snug, but not too tight that your foot can’t breathe. When measuring the width, be sure your foot is not rolling over the sole. If your foot seems too wide but the length is good, we recommend ordering that size in a wide.
Generally in a sandal you will be a size down from what you wear in a boot. Sandals should fit where your toe is as close to the edge as possible. You don’t want extra shoe past your toe in length.
The difference is 4mm in the foot part.
DELIVERY TERMS, RETURN POLICY
General time frame is 4 weeks for your order to get to you. The timing very much depends on the status of the product you ordered.
If we have it in stock with a supplier near you, it could get to as quickly as 2 weeks. If the product you ordered is not in stock and needs to be made to order, it could take up to 8 weeks.
You have 60 minutes to cancel your order after you have placed it.
The orders are processing quickly and you can cancel orders that haven’t entered the shipping process yet.
In case if your order has been already shipped, we can not cancel it.
We may offer to return it upon delivery. Please check our Return Policy.
In order to cancel your order, please log into your SWAYD account, go to ORDERS section and click CANCEL button.
1) Cleaning instructions for your dance shoes
– Important! Suede soles For your dance shoes with suede soles, you’ll need a suede shoe brush to raise the nap as it will eventually go flat (and possibly hard) from use. Always brush from toe to heel. You should do this immediately upon noticing if the soles of your shoes have become flat and smooth or have dirt stuck on them.
– Fabric based shoe upper For our microfiber boots and lace flats, you may use a clean cloth to remove any dirt and cold water with mild cleaners to remove any stains. If you wish to apply a stain repellent, you can apply a fabric protector to the shoe (but not the sole itself). Make sure that you use it well in advance of wearing the shoes so that they have time to dry out.
– Nubuck shoes Clean your nubuck shoes with a cloth dipped lightly in soapy, warm water.
2) Simple but effective things to make sure your dance shoes last
– Storage your dance shoes properly Don’t throw your dance shoes into a plastic bag! The same applies to all bags made of non-breathable fabric, as it will cause your shoes to sweat and ultimately decay and smell. If you’re looking for a great shoe bag, check out our backpacks. It’s best to store your shoes in a dry location and leave them out overnight to air out. This is a good way to keep bacteria at bay.
– Be gentle when you put on and remove your dance shoes. Only wear them in the dance studio, and not elsewhere. Suede leather is easily damaged on rough surfaces, and is only meant to be used on smooth floors.
– For people who dance a lot, it’s good to have at least two pairs of dance shoes, if you can afford it. It gives each pair a refreshing break, plus different shoes work different muscles.
The outsole is the part of the shoe that touches the floor. All of our products have a natural suede outsole. To maintain good traction it is recommended to brush the outsole with a wire brush on a regular basis.
Most certainly! We offer a variety of specially made replacement insoles that will make that trusty pair feel secure on your feet again. Contact us for details, or visit us at one of our event booths.
Soles that are shiny are usually just that way because the shoe hasn’t been brushed for a while. Your shoe is probably fine as this is not a sign of the shoe wearing out. In most cases it’s just packed from floor grease and other particles, and a good brushing with a wire shoe brush will usually restore the suede finish and improve traction.
You can glue it with shoe glue – we recommend using e-6000 or similar designed for leather. If you have additional questions do not hesitate to contact us.
Yes we do! Contact us via email with what you need and an explanation of how the part got lost to obtain a replacement for a small handling fee.
That’s great! Contact us via website or simply send e-mail to one of our managers: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, and we’ll send you more information.
HOW TO WEAR OUR SHOES
2 ways of wearing Marnie sandals: